Spring is the season for starting fresh and renewing your commitment to a healthy digestive system. I lead an online anti-inflammatory cleanse every Spring and we eat a blended soup each night to offer some healing to our digestive system. This creamy delight is always a favorite.
For this delicious vegetable forward soup, try to use local asparagus that’s in season for the best flavors. Coconut milk and beans are added to insure that you’re getting quality fat and protein, making it a well balanced meal.
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 Leek (white part only)
2 Celery stalks
2 Garlic Cloves
1 lb fresh asparagus with bottoms snapped off. (bend the bottom of the asparagus and the tough part will snap right off)
1 14oz can full fat coconut milk + 1/2 can water
1 cup white beans
1 Tablespoon green curry paste (this is very mildly spiced, add more if you like heat)
Salt and pepper to taste + lemon wedge and lemon thyme (optional) for garnish
1. Chop all vegetables.
2. Melt coconut oil over medium heat and sauté first 3 ingredients. Salt and pepper lightly. Cook till soft, being careful not to burn the garlic.
3. Add curry paste and stir till fragrant. (1 min)
4. Add coconut milk, water, chopped asparagus and beans. Turn heat down to a gentle simmer and cook till asparagus is tender.
5. Blend until silky smooth.
6. Garnish with lemon wedge and thyme if desired.
7. Enjoy with gratitude.
See more in: Recipes
Yes, let me know about new recipes and health tips
Meg will send occasional emails (don't worry, not too many)